About the Company
Fulshear Historical Association, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, is currently seeking an experienced candidate for the volunteer position of Secretary. This role is an administrative position on the executive board and is responsible for documenting all meetings, activities, and memberships for the organization. It is currently supported by two additional executive board members.
About the Role
• Serving as the conduit between the board, management and members.
• Providing the board with advice, assistance, and resources as needed, informed by the knowledge of the organization’s records and related materials.
• Understanding the organizations bylaws in order to comply with requisites, such as meeting and notification mandates.
• Preparing and delivering meeting materials, such as agendas or minutes, in adequate advance of all meetings to allow for review, the correction of errors, and the preparation of questions and comments by the board, members, or committees.
• Accurately recording minutes and attendance of each meeting to be approved by the board.
• Maintaining accurate documentation of corporate records, meeting legal requirements and reviewing/updating documents as needed to ensure storage and accessibility for inspection.
Knowledge of policies and core documents: bylaws, ammendments, mission, vision, values, privacy
Understanding roles and responsibilities: executive board, board, committees, and members
Organization of information: memberships, board members, members, committees, donors, and other essential mailing lists or points of contact
A respect and fondness for the people (both past and present) of Fulshear, Texas
An interest in history, heritage, and preservation
Knowledge of public relations, problem solving, and nonprofit best-practices
To apply, please submit a letter of introduction/interest, along with your resume or CV to email@example.com