About the Company
Fulshear Historical Association, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, is currently seeking an experienced candidate for the volunteer position of Director of Preservation. This role is a board position and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of preservation practices as needed. It reports to the executive board, and is supported by additional director positions.
About the Role
• Reviewing and presenting various preservation projects for board consideration
• Managing projects by working directly with stakeholders including the public, other agencies, and elected or appointed officials
• Working in the field with property owners, architects, and contractors about proposed projects or alterations to historic sites
• Writing or assisting in formal and technical reports, planning documents, and any related grant applications.
• Presenting detailed reports or studies as required
• Assisting in the development of plans specifically regarding related programs, projects, and/or regulations
• Developing best practices for public preservation concerns, assisting in community outreach and educational meetings
Knowledge or interest in local and state history
Understanding of various approaches to preservation, including its applications for historic sites and/or objects
A respect and fondness for the people (both past and present) of Fulshear, Texas
An interest in history, heritage, and preservation
Knowledge of community outreach, networking, and equitable practices
To apply, please submit a letter of introduction/interest, along with your resume or CV to email@example.com